Neurosurgery and Neurology is a branch of medical practice that is focused on prevention, diagnosis, surgery, and treatment of patients with any kind of disease/injury/dis-functioning of the nervous system which includes a central and peripheral nervous system. It includes the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves which branches off nerves in all parts of the body.
The nervous system is a very complex part which controls all the movements and balance of our body. It controls our motion, emotions, thinking, learning, sleep, balance, coordination, and many more activities. So, it is crucial that this system functions properly for our well-being and any dis-balance in this system could prevent us from doing even simple day to day activity.
In a recent report issued by the World Health Organization, “Neurological disorders, public health challenges,” it was stated that about 1 billion people throughout the world suffer from neurological disorders including epilepsy, headache, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, multiple sclerosis, brain injuries, and neural infections and these disorders cause death of nearly 6.8 million people every year.
We, at V K Neurocare, specialize in treating patients with complex nervous disorders like Brian stroke, Epilepsy, Headache disorders, Myopathy, infection of the brain, Brain Tumor, Neuromuscular disorders, Spinal cord injury or nerve damages, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease.
- Brain Stroke: Our brain needs a constant uninterrupted supply of blood that supplies oxygen and necessary nutrients to it. But when this supply gets interrupted or gets blocked, it causes severe damage to the brain and the brain cells begin to die. It needs immediate medical attention, every minute is crucial and it is considered as a medical emergency.
- Symptoms: Difficulty in walking or loss of balance, paralysis of entire or one side body part like face/eyes, etc., weakening of muscles, trouble in speaking-mumbled speech or speech loss in some cases, muscles become numb or weak, difficulty in understanding, blurred or black vision
- Epilepsy: It is one of the common Neurological disorders which cause Seizures. Our brain has electric activity through which signals are sent to the entire body. When there is a sudden interruption or rush in this electric activity, it is called Seizures. The person feels abnormal behavior and sensations. It is mostly treated with medication.
- Symptoms: Abnormal behavior and sensations, fainting, seizures, temporary confusions, loss of awareness or understanding, unconsciousness, anxiety, etc.
- Myopathy: It is a medical disorder in which the muscle fiber of the skeleton muscle ceases to function properly. It causes immense weakness in the muscles. This is of different types and the main cause for this problem can lie in the muscles or elsewhere (like the brain). It can be treated with medication or physical therapy depending on the type.
- Symptoms: Muscle weakness, fatigue, significant pain in the muscles, stiffness or muscle cramps
- Brain Tumor: It is one of the most known Brain diseases which are caused due to the increased growth of abnormal cells. It can occur at any age. Many different types of Brain tumors exist which can be cancerous or non-cancerous. Its treatment includes surgery and radio, chemotherapy.
- Symptoms: progressive strong or severe headaches, loss of balance in walking, interrupted vision, changes/loss of speech and hearing, the problem in concentration or memory, etc.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Any harm or injury to any part of the spinal cord. The spinal cord has a nerves system that spans the entire body and these nerves transmit the signal from the brain and send it to body parts. Injury in the spinal cord causes permanent or temporary changes in the functioning of the spinal cord or its nerves. Injury in the Spinal cord can be very severe and lead to permanent loss of mobility or movement of body parts. Depending on the severity, its treatment can be done through medication, physiotherapy, or surgery.
- Symptoms: weakness in muscles, reduction in touch sensations, loss of mobility, reflexes, loss of control on bowel movement, acute pain in back
- Multiple sclerosis: It is a disease that leads to dis-functioning of our immune system. Our immune system is responsible for attacking and killing foreign entities like germs, viruses, bacteria, etc. entering our body. But due to this disease, the immune system is unable to get the proper information from the central nervous system and it starts attacking the nerves of the body causing destruction of the protective layer of the nerves. It can be treated with some medications or physiotherapy.
- Symptoms: Fatigue, pain in back and head, the problem in balancing, difficulty in vision focus, excessive urination, muscle spasm, lack in synchronization while walking, weakness in muscles, etc.
- Parkinson’s disease: This is a central nervous system disorder that mainly occurs with people aging. It affects the movements of the body and causes difficulty in walking, maintaining balance, and coordination. It is a progressive disease and its symptoms increase gradually over time. It can be controlled and symptoms can be eased with medication.
- Symptoms: Stiffness in motion of limbs, the problem in movement of the body, distorted speech, difficulty in maintaining body balance, difficulty controlling bowel movement, Fatigue, anxiety, restlessness, struggle in thinking and understanding, impaired balance and coordination, shaking, rigidity
- Brain and Vertebral Infections: These infections are relatively rare to other neural diseases and there can be multiple factors that could cause an infection in the human brain or cord. It can be a result of attack by microorganisms like viruses, bacteria, fungi, etc. The infection can cause inflammation in the brain and can also spread to other parts of the Central nervous system. Some common infections include Encephalitis, Meningitis, Vertebral Osteomyelitis, Spinal Epidural Abscess, etc. Depending on problem and severity, these can be treated with medication or surgery
- Symptoms: Fever, Severe pain in the back, Muscle spasms, redness or swelling, inflammations, painful or difficult bowel movement, neck stiffness, headache
- Alzheimer’s disease: Our Brain cells stores information and our experiences. Alzheimer’s disease is a type of dementia disorder in which these Brain cells start to die which causes loss of memory and other brain functioning. It affects your thinking and behavior. It is a progressive disease that increases over time. Even though anyone can be affected by this disease, it is mostly seen in aging people above 65 years or it can be genetic. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this disease but medication and help in management and control symptoms.
- Symptoms: Memory loss, difficulty in thinking and concentrating, aggression, change in personality, repetitive questioning, anger, forgetfulness, mood swings and anxiety, restlessness, confusions, alexia, trouble writing or speaking, mood swings, inability to remember common day to day activity like routes, names, recognizing faces etc.
We provide patients with a broad spectrum of treatments with the best facilities. Under the comprehensive and able leadership of Dr. V K Gupta, our team of neurologists leaves no stone unturned to treat each patient and bring him/her back to normal healthy life as we are dedicated to “patient-first”. Our goal is simple, a patient coming to us, after treatment he/she should go back walking healthy without suffering or compromising on the quality of life. The facility is well equipped with the latest equipment and diagnostics. Getting an appointment and treatment with us is hassle-free and our staff helps you handle everything conveniently. We hold a very good record of successful surgeries and recovery rate in patients with any neurological disorder.